Sunday, August 4, 2013

What the Heck is Happiness?

I'm going to find out.

I know there's a lot of things that create feelings that I call "happiness", but the elusive, unreasonable happiness is what I'm looking for. Perhaps I'll find a clue in exploring the commonality within the experiences that I identify as "making me happy." So let's see. Today, so far, what has made me happy was enjoying my morning cup of joe brought to me by my husband, the two of us wrestling with the Time's Crossword--and pinning that sucker to the ground, the happy good morning from my little dog, and breakfast made by my daughter.

If I didn't have these things, would I still feel happy?

Don't know. It's something to ponder. In the meantime, I leave you with the Google definition:
  1. happiness  

    Web definitions
    state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    Feelings of well being.  That's common to all the things I've identified so far.  It's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment